Monday, February 22, 2010

We used to want our MTV, not we want our DVR.



There's something about watching a TV program when YOU want to watch- not when the programming channel chooses to air it.
 I feel a little bit superior each time I fast forward through a commercial, pause a live shot and repeat the crash of the Olympic bobsledder in slow motion three, four, five times.
  So, when I actually choose to sit still for a few moments, remote in one hand, something else in the other... I make full use of the DVR- or in our case, Charter's dual DVR  HD unit MOXIE BOX.

That is unless, some idiot pulling a house on wheels crashes and takes out your whole neighborhood's feed.
 AHH. yeah.
 But, that's not today.

Today, I can watch on my TV- any one of them, and also follow along with ABC via computer, or blackberry link.
I might choose to watch TV while waiting in line at the grocery store- maybe even tuning in to a rerun of Tiger Woods' public statement, or to see the ladies of The View tackle some politics this morning, with this Senator.  Not that I'm into politics or anything.

But, know I like the line up later in the week, when we get to see the antics of the cast of THE JERSEY SHORE


Which I admit to seeing once- and a good episode it was- as we made use of the DVR once again to repeat and slo- mo the punch/ backhand one of the classy broads gave one of the ass-holey guys. SIGH.
Whatever has become of television? Tune in tomorrow- or later today and find out.








I am a participant in a Mom Central campaign for ABC Daytime and will receive a totebag or other The View  branded items to facilitate my review.

No comments: