Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A mother's Guilt x8, or wait is that x14?

Some people- men- might say being a mother is a blessing. That it is a joy.
On some occasions I might agree.
But most times, motherhood is one big guilt trip.
You feel guilty for not being there, for being there and not doing more, for not being able to understand a cry, a moan, a whine. For embarrassing them, for feeding them too much or too little, for not providing for them, for providing too much for them. For good advice you gave and they didn't take, for bad advice you gave that they took, for wearing elastic waist paints-- once. For being cool. For not being cool. For asking about- that thing. For not asking about- that thing. For giving them your genes, or not. For continuing to mother them when they are so obviously too old for that.
sigh. Is it any wonder I stopped at two?
As if I didn't have enough guilt already. I grew up Catholic.

But OCTOMOM?
 woah.
 you crazy.

   watch her on














 and tell me what you think.





I am a participant in a Mom Central campaign for ABC Daytime and will receive a totebag or other The View  branded items to facilitate my review.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Toughest job in the world. I haven't started yet. I liked this post, Linda.